- The Mage must be Chaotic in alignment.
- The Mage casts, transcribes, and researches spells, writes and uses scrolls, and creates magic items as a Magic-User (except where noted), and their known spells and spells per level (or spells per day) are the same as a Magic-User of the same level (except where noted).
- At character creation, the Mage starts play with a spellbook containing Read Magic, Summon, and three other randomly-determined first level spells. New spells are added just like the Magic-User (Rules & Magic p. 79).
- The Mage can use Skills and Skill Points as the Alice, except that they cannot have more than the default 1 point in the Sneak Attack skill.
- The Mage has a +1 bonus to finding traps with the Search skill, like the Alice.
- The Mage can use the Exasperation ability as an Alice of the same level (A Red & Pleasant Land p. 30-31).
- At character creation and upon leveling up, the Mage rolls twice on the Level Up Table like the Alice (A Red and Pleasant Land, p. 30, 32-33), but if 01 through 20 is rolled, the Mage does not alter their saving throws. Instead, the Mage adds 1 spell per level (or spell per day) to the Spell Level of the Mage's choice. This can only be added to a Spell Level to which the Mage would have access at that level. For example: The Mage reaches Level 5 and rolls 07 on the Level Up Table. At Level 5, the Mage can by default cast 3 level 1 spells, 2 level 2 spells, and 1 level 3 spell per day. The Mage can choose to increase the level 1 spells per day to 4, or the level 2 spells per day to 3, or the level 3 spells per day to 2.
- In the Lamentations of the Fallen Lords campaign, potions of Cleric spells do not exist in the world of Myth. Theoretically, they could be invented through extensive and expensive research. On the other hand, powerful direct-damage spells which do not exist in LotFP's Rules & Magic book, like the classic D&D spells Fireball and Lightning bolt, do exist, but as the closely-guarded secrets of various magical organizations or paranoid individuals. They can be acquired from these sources or recreated through difficult research, but such actions are likely to create enemies.
- At Level 10 and above, the Mage's constitution bonus is no longer added to the HP gained per level.
|1||0|| 1d6|| 13|| 14|| 2|
|2,250||+1d4|| 13|| 13|| 16|| 13|| 14|| +1|
|4,500||+1d4|| 13|| 14|| +0|
|9,000||+1d4|| 13|| 14|| +1|
|72,000||+1d4|| 11|| 12|| +0|
|288,000||+1d4|| 11|| 11|| 14|| 11|| 12|| +0|
|12||720,000|| +1|| 9|| 8|| +1|
|1,584,000|| +1|| 6|| 7|| 8|| 5|| 6|| +1|