There have already been many responses to Mandy's post which have been written far better than anything I can come up with at the moment. I endorse the following posts, among others:
- The aforementioned Dungeons & Donuts post by Kiel Chenier.
- Response from Scrap Princess at Monster Manual Sewn from Pants.
- Response from Patrick Stuart at False Machine.
- Response from Joseph Manola at Against the Wicked City.
- Response from Dismaster FraNe at Dismaster's Den of Unfinished Thoughts.
- Response from Timothy Brannan at The Other Side.
Likewise, until Lamentations of the Flame Princess stops selling and promoting Zak's work, I do not intend to write any more posts about LotFP, buy any more of their products, or otherwise promote the brand. Even if LotFP does completely drop Zak, I am not sure that I could continue to call myself a fan of the game in good conscience due to James Raggi's promotion of Jordan Peterson, as well as the way he has treated at least one of my friends in private. But if you're reading this, James, I'm sure that doing the right thing by Mandy and Jennifer and Hannah would do a great deal in earning back the trust of myself and many others.
There are many great OSR games and publishers and writers and artists out there, and many great RPGs in general. I think it is time for me to try and be more selective about those I endorse.
I am sorry for any harm I have caused through anything I have written or said, on this blog or elsewhere, involving Zak Smith. Abuse should not be tolerated.
Mandy, Jennifer, and Hannah: I believe you.