Sunday, January 12, 2020

Fragment from an Audio Log from 200 Years Ago

CAPTAIN'S LOG - ALISA - [ERROR] [ERROR]

As per Laya's wishes, I've implemented the following procedures:

The passages between the domes have been put under a complete security lockdown, as have the teleportation network and the shuttle bays. I've found numerous glitches in the lockdown systems, but we can only hope and pray that they hold.

Likewise, the ansible network has been shut down.

The satellites Azura and Dahlia have been moved to their farthest possible orbits.

I've altered the course of the Alisa. In two hundred and ten years, we will crash directly into Rigel, a blue hypergiant. God, I hope that's enough to destroy that...that damn thing.

Maybe Elsydeon will be found in time. Maybe someone will make our self-destruction unnecessary, and we can correct our course. Maybe. But Laya was right: we cannot take that chance. We can't risk the rest of mankind.

I wonder...

I wonder
what the people will see
in the final days?

This is Acting Captain Orakio, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment