Friday, November 15, 2019

We've Got No Class 2.6 Upgrade Patch - Extra Skill Points

This is just a quick update to my "We've Got No Class" system of character generation and advancement house rules for Lamentations of the Flame Princess. I made this simple change shortly after the PDF went live, and it seems to be working out well in playtesting.

Added Rule: Player Characters gain one addition Skill Point at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12.

On my printed copy of the PDF, I personally just penciled in "Skill Point" for the appropriate levels under the "Bonus Saving Throw Point" column on page 5. I'll probably update the PDF itself at some point. I might wait a bit to see if I want to make any other changes to the system before doing so.

Honestly, I added this rule so that a PC who takes all 14 levels in the Proficiency Path could theoretically max out every skill on the list. 28 Skill Points for Proficiency Path levels + 2 for starting out + 4 from this new rule + 5 extra points from maxing out both Saving Throws + 3 Language points from 18 Intelligence + 3 Athletics points from 18 Strength = 45 Skill Points total.

No comments:

Post a Comment